Astron, the revolutionary GPS Solar watch that changed timekeeping forever takes another leap forward by incorporating a chronograph within stunningly streamlined dimensions. Now renowned atomic clock precision, automatic time-zone adjustment and more intuitive operation are available within a timepiece the size of a mainstream multi-function watch — Introducing the Astron Chronograph 2014 Limited Edition.
By connecting to the GPS network, the new Astron adjusts at the touch of a button to your time zone* and, by taking all the energy it needs from light alone, never needs a battery change.
* Time zone data as of January 2014. Changes to time zones occurring after this date are not programed and manual time zone selection may be required.
The Astron revolution continues with the addition of a chronograph that brings new levels of functionality to the Astron series and redefines what a GPS Solar watch can deliver.
The Astron Chronograph case is 30% smaller than other Astron timepieces and the same size as most mainstream multi-function watches thanks to energy-saving advances that enable the use of a smaller GPS antenna.
One-touch activation of the GPS function is now complemented by an electronic setting function in the crown that simplifies operation.
Recognisably Astron yet distinctively new, the 2014 Limited Edition Astron features a white dial, titanium case with super-hard coating and faceted black ceramic bezel.
- The first white dial on an Astron timepiece
- Crown with special “lighter cut”
- Black ceramic bezel with 12 specially cut facets
- Button designed for smooth fitting by Seiko original processing
- Titanium band with black ceramic bracelet and super-hard coating
- Laser marked GPS SOLAR logo and serial number
- GPS controlled time and time zone adjustment
- 6-hour chronograph (1/5 second increments)
- Perpetual calendar correct to the year 2100
- Signal reception result indication
- World time (40 time zones), Daylight Saving Time and Power Save functions
- Accuracy within +/-15 seconds per month (without receiving a time signal and at temperatures between 5℃ and 35℃)
- Case: Diameter 45.0mm diameter, 13.3mm thickness
Titanium case with super-hard coating and ceramic bezel
Water resistance 10 Bar, Magnetic resistance 4,800 A/m
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with super-clear coating
- Band: Both a crocodile strap and a titanium bracelet are attached
Titanium with super-hard coating with black ceramic bracelet with three-fold clasp with push button release
- Limited edition of 7,000 pieces